Monroe County Parks Riskline-734-240-7252.
Use this telephone number to report any hazards, potential hazards or unsafe conditions at any County of Monroe Park. Its easy:
- Call the telephone number
- State the condition you found at the park
- Describe the location within the park where the condition exits
- State the name of the park where the condition exists
Heck Park Vietnam Veterans Museum
The park has recently been upgraded with the addition of new recreational facilities. The new upgrades include new children's play area, exercise and fitness area, picnic pavilion, a full court basketball court, an exercise trail around the park, new picnic tables, benches, signage, asphalt parking and drives and landscape improvements. Pavilion reservations may be made on-line for group use.
The Museum of Monroe County Vietnam Veterans shall collect, preserve, display, and interpret materials reflecting the role of Monroe County citizens who served within the Armed forces of the United States during the years of engagement, and in the theatre of operations, commonly called the Vietnam War.
The purpose of this effort will be to educate the general public regarding the experiences of Monroe County Veterans of this conflict and to provide a place for contemplation and remembrance.
The museum is supported and operated by the Friends of the Vietnam Veterans Historical Society, in cooperation with the County of Monroe and the Monroe County Historical Commission. The museum is located at Heck Park on N. Dixie Hwy, Frenchtown Township.
Included at the Park
- Museum and pavilion at the park. Building to display historical items of Vietnam War. Included in project is renovation of public restrooms.
- Half of facility dedicated to Vietnam War era to compliment existing memorial at park. Other half of facility is covered shelter area.
- Winter snow sledding hill is at back area of park.