Check out some of our great Live Well. Be Well. events by selecting a link below:
Grocery Store Tour: Quick and Healthy Meals!
Join our Live Well. Be Well. dietitian for an interactive grocery store tour that will feature shopping and meal planning ideas for creating quick and healthy meals for you and your family. Recipes included!
*Space is limited and pre-registration is required! Call 734-240-7800.*
This FREE tour is offered in 4 locations. Each tour will begin at the produce department.
Date: July 12, 2017
3462 W. Sterns Rd.
Time: 2:00 pm - 3:00 pm
Date: August 9, 2017
850 S. Monroe St.
Time: 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Senior Center Presentations
The Monroe County Health Department is visiting senior centers throughout Monroe County for interactive presentations on various nutrition and health related topics - all ages are welcome!
- Nutrition Bingo - Summer 2016
- Portion Distortion - Fall 2016
- Heart Healthy Habits - Winter 2017
- Rethink Your Drink - Spring 2017
Mall Walk and Talk
We will be at the Mall of Monroe on the third Wednesday of the month! Take a walk with the Live Well. Be Well. team and see the difference a little exercise can make on your blood sugar! If interested, your blood sugar will be taken before and after the walk.
Time: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Location: Mall of Monroe
2121 N. Monroe St., Monroe
- June 21, 2017
- July and August: Off - Happy Summer!
- September 20, 2017
- October 18, 2017
- November 15, 2017
- December 20, 2017
Our presentation topics include (but are not limited to):
- Building Blocks of Nutrition and My Plate
- Healthy Snacking
- Hand Washing
- HIV and the Immune System
- Boys and Girls Maturation
- Hidden Dangers of Energy Drinks
- Introduction to Substance Abuse
- Stress Management, Coping, and Emotions
- Nutrition Label Reading
- Fast Food IQ
- Diabetes Nutrition
- Diabetes Complications
- Lab Results: Know Your Numbers
- Move More: Flexibility, Strength, & Endurance
- And more!
We ask that you have a group of at least 10 individuals for each presentation. To schedule a presentation contact Live Well. Be Well. today!
Call 734-240-7800 now to schedule your wellness session!