Check out some of our great Live Well. Be Well. events by selecting a link below:
Grocery Store Tour: Healthy Food Trends!
Ever wish you could have a Registered Dietitian at your side in the grocery store? Join our Live Well. Be Well. dietitian for an interactive grocery store tour featuring healthy food trends that you should try in 2017!
*Space is limited and pre-registration is required! Call 734-240-7800.*
This FREE tour is offered in 4 locations. Each tour will begin at the produce department.
Healthy Food Trends Flyer
Date: March 22, 2017
3462 W. Sterns Rd.
Time: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Date: April 5, 2017
850 S. Monroe St.
Time: 5:30 pm - 6:30 pm
Senior Center Presentations
The Monroe County Health Department is visiting senior centers throughout Monroe County for interactive presentations on various nutrition and health related topics - all ages are welcome!
- Nutrition Bingo - Summer 2016
- Portion Distortion - Fall 2016
- Heart Healthy Habits - Winter 2017
- Rethink Your Drink - Spring 2017
Mall Walk and Talk
We will be at the Mall of Monroe on the third Wednesday of the month! Take a walk with the Live Well. Be Well. team and see the difference a little exercise can make on your blood sugar! If interested, your blood sugar will be taken before and after the walk.
Time: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
Location: Mall of Monroe
2121 N. Monroe St., Monroe
March 15, 2017
April 19, 2017
May 17, 2017
June 21, 2017
The Live Well. Be Well. (LWBW) Team would love to present health related topics at your health fairs, employee meetings, discussion groups, parent seminars and workshops!
Our presentation topics include (but are not limited to):
- Building Blocks of Nutrition and My Plate
- Healthy Snacking
- Hand Washing
- HIV and the Immune System
- Boys and Girls Maturation
- Hidden Dangers of Energy Drinks
- Introduction to Substance Abuse
- Stress Management, Coping, and Emotions
- Nutrition Label Reading
- Fast Food IQ
- Diabetes Nutrition
- Diabetes Complications
- Lab Results: Know Your Numbers
- Move More: Flexibility, Strength, & Endurance
- And more!
For our catalog of Community Education Presentations, see our Health Education Brochure 2017
We ask that you have a group of at least 10 individuals for each presentation. To schedule a presentation contact Live Well. Be Well. today!
Wellness tailored to YOU from
Live Well. Be Well.
The Live Well. Be Well. program wants to help YOU lead a healthier lifestyle! Individual wellness sessions are available for FREE with a Live Well. Be Well. Registered Dietitian, Registered Nurse, or Health Educator on various topics including:
- Heart health (Nutrition, Medications, Complications)
- Diabetes/Pre-diabetes health (Nutrition, Medications, Complications)
- Glucometer training
- Nutrition label reading
- Physical activity
- Eating well for weight management
- Planning healthy meals for your family
- Lab work review
- Smoking cessation
- Starting the conversation with your child about sex education and sexually transmitted infections
Call 734-240-7800 now to schedule your wellness session!