Monroe County Health Department
Maternal & Child Health Services
MIHP is a Home Visiting program for pregnant women and infants with Medicaid insurance. MIHP provides support service to women and to parents so they have healthy pregnancies, good birth outcomes, and healthy infants.
Services provided include:
- Maternal and infant health assessment completed by nurse or social worker
- Registered Nurse, Licesnsed Social Worker, Registered Dietitian and Infant Mental Health Specialist home or office visits provided
- Help with accessing prental care
- Answer questions about being pregnant
- Answer questions about caring for your infant
- Breastfeeding support and assistance available from a Certified Lactation Specialist
- Answer questions about fixing and eating healthy foods
- Answer questions about family planning (birth control)
- Help with finding a place to live or food
- Help if you're concerned about abuse/violence in your life
- Help with resources for quitting smoking or substance abuse
- Connect you with community resources that may be able to help in other ways
- May be able to assist you with WIC services in your home
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call 734-240-7905.
Enrollment assistance is available for MI Child and Healthy Kids insurance programs.
Appointments are required. Please call 734-240-7905 to schedule an appointment.