Monroe County Health Department
Maternal & Child Health Services
MIHP is a Home Visiting program for pregnant women and infants with a Medicaid Health Plan. MIHP provides support service with the ultimate goal of maintaining a healthy pregnancy and positive birth outcomes.
Services provided include:
- Maternal and Infant health assessment completed by Registered Nurse or Licensed Social Worker
- Registered Nurse, Licensed Social Worker and Registered Dietitian can provide home or office visits
- Educate and answer questions regarding prenatal care and establishing services with Obstetrician and Pediatrician
- Provide education & answer questions about being pregnant
- Provide education & answer questions about caring for your infant
- Breastfeeding support and assistance available from experienced breastfeeding educators
- Answer questions about choosing, preparing and consuming healthy foods
- Answer questions about family planning and birth control options
- Assistance with housing and food resources
- Safety options about abuse/violence in your life
- Resources and tools to aid in the process of quitting smoking or substance abuse
- Connection to a variety of community resources
- Provide WIC services for Mom and Baby in your home
For more information or to schedule an appointment please call 734-240-7800.
Enrollment assistance is available for MI Child and Healthy Kids insurance programs.
Appointments are required. Please call 734-240-7800 to schedule an appointment.