- Human Resources
Hours of Work
- Policy 414 - 8 hours per day, 40 hours per week. Hours are set by Elected Officials/Department Head and may fluctuate at any time, based on the needs of the Department.
- Policy 414 - Exempt employees do not receive and are not entitled to compensation or compensatory time for working more than 40 hours per week. All non-exempt employees shall not work more than the normal work day or normal work week without approval of the Department Head. A non-exempt employee who works more than 40 hours in a workweek shall receive one and one-half times his or her regular rate of pay or shall receive compensation time off at the rate of time and one-half. All compensatory time off must be taken within the next pay period after which the overtime is worked.
- Policy 413 - 12.5 days per year
- Policy 427 - One week after 6 months of employment. Additional hours accrued based on months of service
- Policy 416 - Six days per year for full-time, non-union employees after 90 calendar days of employment (sick days are pro-rated after 90 days of employment). Eight sick days per year for Management.
Personal Leave Days
- Policy 416 - Four days per year after one year service. (1st year of employment personal leave days pro-rated)
Health Insurance Benefits
- Policy 411- Effective January 1, 2012, each regular, full-time employee may elect coverage for himself/herself and his/her eligible dependents under one of the following health insurance plans:
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Flexible Blue and RX with HSA
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Community Blue PPO Option 3 Plan
- Blue Cross/Blue Shield of Michigan Community Blue PPO Option 6 Plan
- PPO Options-Rx generic mandate, 50% co-pay ($5 floor and $50 ceiling)
- Employees shall pay the difference between the cost of the PPO plans and the amount of the Employer's total contribution towards the cost of the Flexible Blue Plan with the HSA.
- Policy 404 - Effective on the 91st calendar day of employment (100%/75%/50% coverage). $1,000 limit per year/per person.
- Policy 429 - Effective on the 91st calendar day of employment. Eye exam/lenses every 12 months, frames every 24 months.
Life Insurance Benefits
- Policy 425 - Effective on the 91st calendar day of employment. Benefits between $20,000 to $50,000 based on annual salary.
- Policy 422 and 442 - Vested after 8 years of service (60/8 or 55/30). Final average compensation based on best three consecutive years of last ten. Retirement multiplier: 2.50%. Employees hired on or after January 1, 2011, retirement multiplier 1.5% and contribute three percent (3%) of all earnings to the Retirement System. Employees hired on or after October 28, 2003, shall not be eligible for retiree health care benefits.
- Option to participate in a 457 tax sheltered annuity program through payroll deduction
Flexible Spending Account
- Option to participate in Un-Reimbursed Medical or Dependent Care with HealthEquity through payroll deduction