- First 1/2 day = $15 plus mileage
- First whole day = $30 plus mileage
- Subsequent 1/2 day = $22.50 plus mileage
- Subsequent Full day = $45 plus mileage
- Mileage = $0.20 per mile
- If you are excused by Noon, you will be paid for a 1/2 day.
You will receive payment by check from the County of Monroe for Jury Service after the end of the Jury Service term. Please allow 1 to 2 weeks for processing.
The length of your Jury Term is (1) month. You are not required to report daily. You will be required to report only when there is a Jury Trial scheduled. Your first scheduled trial date is listed in the enclosed letter. Usual In-Court hours are 9 am to 4:30 pm, with Noon recess of about 1.5 hours. For good reason, Court hours may be extended but this will be the exception.
Confirmation of Jury Service to Employer
A confirmation letter for Jury Service, if needed, will be available from the Judge's secretary showing your 1/2 or full-day attendance for service and the amount of compensation you will receive.
Jury Telephone Call-in Information
To call Toll Free, follow these instructions, as telephone menus have changed:
- Toll-Free Number is 888-354-5500; wait for the operator to ask if you know your party's extension.
- Then dial the 7049 Jury System extension; follow this menu to locate your assigned Judge.
If 734-240-7049 is a local call for you, dial it directly and follow the menu to locate your assigned Judge.
For more information see the Monroe County Juror handbook (PDF)
Watch Jury Orientation