- Health Department
- Maternal & Child Health Services
Maternal & Child Health Services
The Monroe County Health Department offers a variety of programs to support the health and well-being of pregnant women, parents, infants, and children.
- Breastfeeding - Learn more about support available for breastfeeding parents, including local services offered. Call 734-240-7898 for more information.
- Children's Special Health Care Services - Care coordination assistance to help families pay for their child's special needs and coordination of services. Call 734-240-7820 for more information.
- Eligibility: Children under 21 years of age with qualifying special medical needs.
- Helping Baby Grow - One free visit from an experienced registered nurse in the comfort of your home. Sign up for a newborn home visit while you are in the hospital or call 734-240-7800 for more information.
- Eligibility: Any Monroe County family with a newborn baby! No income requirements to participate.
- Maternal Infant Health Program (MIHP) - Home visits and coordination of services by a nurse, social worker and/or dietitian. Education on labor, delivery, nutrition, smoking cessation, safe sleep, immunizations and child growth and development. Call 734-240-7886 for more information.
- Eligibility: Medicaid-eligible pregnant women and infants up to one year and their families.
- Medicaid/MI Child Application Assistance - Enrollment assistance for Michigan Medicaid/MI Child program is available through the Monroe County Health Department. Please call 734-240-7800 to schedule an appointment.
- Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) - Program offering access to healthy food, nutrition education, and breastfeeding support for pregnant women, caregivers, and infants and children under age 5.