- Program Information
Transitional Shelter for Disabled Men & Women
Fairview is licensed by the State of Michigan Bureau of Regulatory Services to provide a residential setting for up to 36 men and women. An agency of Monroe County government, it is administered by the Monroe County Social Services Board according to P.A. 280.
Fairview must be able to provide the support and care required
Fairview's staff works diligently to coordinate the provision of health care for every resident. Staff are on duty and available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, providing caring, quality service to each resident.
Staff also work closely with other service providers to assist the person in reaching their optimal level of independence and health.
Meeting All Basic Needs
- A warm clean place to call home
- Personal hygiene supplies
- Three meals a day plus snacks
- Use of washer and dryer plus soap and softener
- Social and Spiritual Activities
- Barber/Hairdresser Provided
- Clean Linens Provided Weekly
- Situated on the Bus Route
- Transportation for trips related to the individual's treatment plan
- Supervised medications
- Case Management Services
- Secure and friendly setting
Who Qualifies for Help
- The person must have a disability.
- The person should be able to adjust to group living.
- The person should be homeless or in immediate danger of falling into homelessness.
- The person must be sober.
- The person must be willing to follow the rules of the home and participate in his or her treatment plan.
- The person is expected to pay for their shelter and care based on their ability.