Who should I call?

If you have been unable to get treatment for the person at a clinic or agency with a mental health professional, you may call the Monroe County Probate Court at Phone: 734-240-7353 between 8 am to 12 pm and 1 pm to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, except holidays.

Show All Answers

1. What is involuntary commitment?
2. How do I know if a person is mentally ill?
3. Who should I call?
4. What will the Court need to know?
5. What if the person needs further evaluation?
6. What happens next?
7. Where will the person be taken?
8. What happens at the hospital?
9. What if the hospital determines that the person does not require hospitalization?
10. And if the person is diagnosed as requiring treatment?
11. How long will the person be kept in the treatment facility?
12. Could it be longer?