PROBATE COURT QUESTIONS
CALL (734) 240-7346
JUVENILE COURT QUESTIONS
CALL (734) 240-7160
OR FOR BOTH LOCATIONS
MONROE COUNTY PROBATE AND JUVENILE DIVISION
PROCEDURES AND RESPONSE TO COVID-19
Effective: End of business, March 17, 2020
Updated: April 20, 2020
Entry into the courthouse
Entry into the courthouse has been temporarily restricted. As it relates to probate and juvenile business, appearance in person will occur only if directed by Judge Lohmeyer or Judge Arnold. The court will provide instructions on how to appear for court hearings by means of telephone or videoconferencing technology. Any individuals approved to appear in court in person will be on a list that will be provided to courthouse security on a daily basis. Those not on the list may contact the appropriate division for further instruction, as follows:
Probate: (734) 240-7346 / email@example.com
Juvenile: (734) 240-7160 / firstname.lastname@example.org
- In-person filing of court documents is limited due to the state of emergency. The court will accept pleadings by mail, email, facsimile, and courthouse drop box. The drop box is located outside the main entrance of the Monroe County Courthouse.
- The court will accept filings during normal business hours (Monday through Friday, 8:00am – 4:30pm).
- Links to forms are available on the probate website (www.co.monroe.us). Additionally, court staff can email forms by request.
- All service counters in the Probate and Juvenile Court will be closed to the public until further notice.
- Filing and other fees must be paid by check or money order. Cash is not accepted at this time. Payment should accompany filings by mail or drop box.
- Even though hearings are limited at this time, the courts shall process files as can be reasonably accomplished during the emergency.
- Please include a self-addressed, stamped envelope with adequate postage to mail back enough copies for service on all interested parties.
- Parties can expect copies, orders, letters of authority, and other responses from the court to be sent by mail to the petitioning party.
Payment of fines and costs
- To make payment arrangements for juvenile delinquency matters, please contact the juvenile division at (734) 240-7160 or (734) 240-7349.
- To post bail/bond in juvenile or fiduciary bond in Probate Estates, contact email@example.com.
- In order to maintain essential services while safeguarding public health, the court will maximize the use of technology to enable the parties, attorneys, and required participants to participate remotely.
- To allow access of hearings to the public, video recordings will be made available immediately after hearings by link on this page or by livestream to YouTube.
- No video recording or livestream of the court may be recorded or disseminated by any party.
- For all hearings, proper social distancing of the participants must be observed.
- Participants may contact court staff to determine the dates and times of hearings and the manner by which participants are to appear.
Dated: April 20, 2020
_____________________________ Hon. Cheryl E. Lohmeyer (P55710)
Chief Probate Judge
Chief Judge of Probate Court
Hon. Frank L. Arnold
Judge of Probate Court
and Judge of 38th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division, Juvenile Section
Monroe County Probate Court
106 E. First Street
Monroe, Michigan 48161
MAIN NUMBER: 734-240-7346
FAX NUMBER: 734-240-7354
9:00 AM - 12 NOON and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mission of the Monroe County Probate Court
Our mission is to serve the community with integrity, compassion and accountability through delivery of restorative justice.
Our vision is to provide outstanding public service while meeting the diverse needs of our community.
Guiding Principles of the Monroe County Probate Court
To preserve the inherent rights and dignity of all individuals. To recognize that all individuals have specific strengths and needs. To provide timely, competent and professional service. To demonstrate integrity in words and actions.