The Monroe County Courthouse is open to the public. Anyone entering & while in the building must wear a face covering & observe social distancing (face coverings are not provided, contact court administration for possible alternatives).
The Probate/Juvenile Court will continue to conduct business remotely to the maximum extent possible. In-person proceedings are allowed with a maximum of 10 people.
There is a drop box outside of the courthouse entrance to drop off filings or payments.
The entire Phase 2-Return to Full Capacity Plan is posted on the County of Monroe website and can be accessed by clicking HERE
PROBATE COURT QUESTIONSCALL (734) 240-7346
JUVENILE COURT QUESTIONS
CALL (734) 240-7160
ZOOM INSTRUCTIONS FOR THE PUBLIC
for Appearing by Video Conference or Audio Conference Using "ZOOM" ™
For people using smartphones: Install the ZOOM app: Install ZOOM from the Play Store or App Store.
For people using a computer, laptop or notebook device: ensure the computer has a camera and speakers and create a ZOOM account by visiting www.zoom.us. You will need to create an account using your email address and creating a password.
At the time of your virtual hearing/conference call,
1. Log in to the zoom app or your zoom account. Enter the meeting ID number that you have been provided for the hearing.
2. Test your video and audio connection prior to the beginning of the hearing. (note: if you are using a smartphone, you will have to swipe your screen to the right to see all of the menu options.)
3. Make sure that you have a good WiFi connection or a substantial LTE mobile data plan to ensure a quality connection to the hearing.
4. Remember that the call is a court proceeding and therefore an extention of the courtroom. Appropriate conduct and attire is expected and required.
5. While you are attending the virtual hearing, choose a location that is quiet and free of interruptions, background noise or poor lighting.
6. You will be placed in a virtual waiting room when you initially dial in to the court hearing. Please be patient! A staff member will generally reach out to you to give you an update if the time for your court appearance is delayed for any reason.
If you do not have a smartphone or a computer, you can also dial in for your court hearing using a phone.
Dial 646-876-9923 or 669-900-6833 and use the meeting ID that was provided by the court for your hearing.
Chief Judge of Probate Court
Hon. Frank L. Arnold
Judge of Probate Court
and Judge of 38th Judicial Circuit Court - Family Division, Juvenile Section
Monroe County Probate Court
106 E. First Street
Monroe, Michigan 48161
MAIN NUMBER: 734-240-7346
FAX NUMBER: 734-240-7354
9:00 AM - 12 NOON and 1:00 PM - 5:00 PM
Mission of the Monroe County Probate Court
Our mission is to serve the community with integrity, compassion and accountability through delivery of restorative justice.
Our vision is to provide outstanding public service while meeting the diverse needs of our community.
Guiding Principles of the Monroe County Probate Court
To preserve the inherent rights and dignity of all individuals. To recognize that all individuals have specific strengths and needs. To provide timely, competent and professional service. To demonstrate integrity in words and actions.