Juvenile Detention Specialist - On-Call/PartTime
Monroe County Youth Center - Juvenile Detention Specialist
Education and Experience: Minimum of 30 credit hours from an accredited college in the field of Criminal Justice, Social Work, Psychology or related Human Service field.
PAY: $14. 15/hour
- Must have reached 21 years of age or older at the time of application submission.
- Pass a pre-employment drug screen and background check including but not limited to state/national criminal history check, DHS central registry check and professional references.
- Possession of a valid driver’s license.
Under the general supervision of the Shift Supervisor, closely provides direct supervision of youth to promote a safe, secure, humane, and therapeutic environment. Guides, directs and counsels youth through daily activities. Addresses and redirects youth exhibiting interpersonal conflicts and behavioral problems through the facility’s behavioral management programming model.
Essential Functions: [An employee in this position may be called upon to do any of the following essential functions. These examples do not include all of the duties which the employee may be expected to perform. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily.]
- Performs security checks of residents, living areas, and other areas of the facility to ensure security and to detect possible contraband or dangerous items. Takes necessary action to address any related issue, and documents information according to policy and procedure
- Administers behavior management programs to address youth behavioral issues.
- Supervises and directs structured and leisure activities including educational programming, recreational activities, gym events, meal times, tutoring sessions and court appearances.
- Responsible for instructing and supervising activities related to bathing/showering, personal hygiene, and cleaning and housekeeping duties to maintain physical cleanliness and hygienic conditions of the Youth Center.
- Documents youth behaviors, actions or unusual incidents daily using observation stats, incident reports, daily log entries and related documentation as needed.
- Communicates with youth exhibiting behavioral problems, interpersonal conflicts, and non-compliance with rules; and redirects behavior, de-escalates situations and enforces possible consequences.
- Transports and accompanies youth to court and other appointments and activities outside of the Youth Center.
- Intervenes when necessary in crisis situations using Crisis Prevention Intervention (CPI) techniques or other approved methodologies, and follows procedural guidelines for addressing resident disciplinary action and/or physical restraint.
- Operates and monitors electronic security and communication equipment including lock control panels, intercom, radios, visual monitors, electronic doors, and audio surveillance equipment.
- Models appropriate behavior, attitude, ethics and morals to provide a framework for expected behaviors of youth.
- Participates in the development of training and programming modules for youth enrichment activities. Presents materials through a variety of methods including written, verbal or visual exercises or activities.
- Performs and assists with admission of youth to gather information, search for contraband, and assess youth’s potential for suicide or health concerns. Provides orientation to youth on Center policies and procedures.
- Assists with the completion of youth files and custody/care related documentation to ensure facility compliance with all state licensing regulatory guidelines.
- Assists with supervision of youth within the educational setting.
- Launders resident clothing and bedding, and issues clothing in accordance with laundry schedule.
- Monitors, checks, and treats residents for minor injuries, body vermin, or other issues related to the overall health and sanitation of the Youth Center.
This list may not be inclusive of the total scope of job functions to be performed. Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted or modified at any time.
Contact : https://na2.docusign.net/Member/PowerFormSigning.aspx?PowerFormId=202d2277-19ce-4598-91b1-9cfd1291a150
Deadline for Applying : Open until filled