1817 Monroe County is formed
1832 A 100 acre farm is purchased from Jesse Murrell for a "poor farm"
1837 Michigan became the 26th State in the Union
1855 County Farm has grown to 350 acres including the burial hill or "potters field" in front of the community college
1876 Battle of the Little Bighorn
1878 Present building constructed through a public referendum at a cost of $10,000
1879 Building finished, farm included prize beef, dairy, swine and crops, Michigan Agricultural College provides breeding stock.
1880 Present Courthouse built
1912 Electricity installed at Fairview for $1,770
1930s Up to 135 people sheltered at a time during the Depression
1979 Monroe County commits to major renovation and professional management made feasible by a $500,000 HUD grant secured by the Monroe County Planning Department.
1980 Social Services Board hires Joe Grifka as Superintendent
1985 The Monroe County Network on Homelessness is formed
1993 Commissioners retain consultants to assess the need for Fairview and renew commitment, based on findings and community response
1993 Friends of Fairview is created to meet the residents' social needs
2007 The Network on Homelessness conducts point-in-time studies and service gap analysis in order to capture HUD and MSHDA Grants. Studies document the deep need for services to Fairview clients, called by HUD the "Chronic Homeless"