• CollageHealth

Environmental Health

Environmental Health

Septage Haulers

Septage Hauler Information


To be able to haul residential or commercial septage (wastewater), a hauler must have their vehicles licensed and inspected on an annual basis.  The State of Michigan, Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy  (EGLE), handles the permitting of septage hauling.  Monroe County Health Department Environmental Health Division performs the annual inspections.  EGLE provides a septage haulers directory.  You can also visit the EGLE Septage page for additional information, rules and related information.

The contact information at EGLE is:
Environmental Health Section
Environmental Health Programs Unit
Onsite Wastewater Program
Drinking Water and Environmental Health Division
Michigan Department of Environment, Great Lakes and Energy
P.O. Box 30817
Lansing, MI 48909-8311
(517) 241-1328

The following are forms for haulers and for commercial locations with pump and haul sewage systems:

Application to Haul Sewage or Land Apply
Pump Haul Reporting Form (pdf)