Why It Works - Eligibility - Filing A Report - Acceptance Tips - Contact Us
A check is eligible if...
The amount is no more than $1,000 (or multiple checks not exceeding $2,500)
It was received in Monroe County, deposited in a bank in exchange for goods or services and was presumed "good" at the time of acceptance
A "Statutory Certified Notice" was sent to the check writer allowing 5 days to make check good
It is submitted to the program within 90 days from the date on the check
A photo I.D. (driver's license or state identification card) was recorded at the time of the transaction
A check is NOT eligible if...
- It is post-dated
- Both parties knew there were insufficient funds at the time of transaction
- Is a two-party or government check
- The identity of the check writer is unknown
- There is no amount, date, or signature on the check.
- It has not been processed by a bank
- The numeric and written amounts on the check do not match
The check involves an "extension of credit" or payment on an account